- The center conducts astronomical researches and studies on the varied astronomical topics for concerned institutes and bodies. Such studies and researches are carried out by specialized experts on necessary topic.
- The center provides astronomical consultancies or calculations for different bodies through specialized astronomical experts.
- The center pays special attention for Shari’a astronomical applications such as calculating prayer times and preparing the Hijri calendar for official bodies or competent institutes.
- The center delivers astronomical lectures to schools, universities and institutes in a simplified manner accepted by the public on astronomical topics of interest for the society. Examples for such lectures include solar eclipses, lunar eclipses, meteor showers, real facts about horoscopes and fortunes mentioned in newspapers, Shari’a astronomical topics such as calculating prayer times, crescent’s visibility, Hijri calendar and Qiblah direction.
- The center observes astronomical events in cooperation with schools, universities and the varied competent bodies. Such observations might be for a certain astronomical event, or a general astronomical observation to study celestial objects and provide proper presentation technology in the presence of a large public.
- The center communicates with different media agencies (TV, Radio, Newspapers), to provide astronomical information about the astronomical events or news and refute common astronomical myths.
- The center cooperates with tourism companies for tourist groups. This could be an independent part or within the tourism company’s program such as Safari trips which include an astronomical observation section using the telescope. In addition, there shall be a practical explanation for constellations, Arabic star names and how to use stars to determine directions.
- The center provides advanced observation astronomical tools, such as the specialized lunar telescope to observe the thin crescent even during daylight time.
- The center provides comprehensive proposals to build astronomical observatories, planetariums or museums, by experts in this field.
- The center cooperates with the varied astronomical referential bodies whether local, regional or international through joint activities such as conferences and astronomical publications.
Copyrights reserved IAC © 1998-2017. Powered and developed by