Islamic Crescents Observation Project (ICOP)
This Month Crescent Observation Results: Rajab 1438
Ministry of Health
29 March · Abdurrazak Ebrahim from South Africa
29 March · Hassan Talibi from Morocco
29 March · Walid Fedi from Morocco
29 March · Hossein Janghorbani from Iran
29 March · Abdul Rahman Razeen from Sri Lanka
29 March · Abu Sabda El Falaky from Indonesia
29 March · M. Al-Majari from Hungary
Satellite Reentry Watch (SRW)
Who we are?
UAE Astronomical Cameras Network (UACN)
UAE Astronomical Cameras Network (UACN) is an activity done in cooperation between the International Astronomical Center (IAC) and the UAE Space Agency. It consists of several astronomical cameras located in different locations and are pointed towards the sky. The cameras automatically record a video file once a meteor is detected. This meteor might end up as just a meteor or a meteorite which could be a satellite debris reenty! In case the meteor is detected by one camera then there is a specific astronomical data that can be collected from the video using a special software. Whereas if the meteor is detected by more than a camera, then the astronomical data that can be obtained will be much more beneficial. Kindly Click Here to know more about UACN and to see the results and maps.
Accurate Times is the official program adopted by the Jordanian Ministry of Islamic Affairs to calculate the prayer times in Jordan. The program runs under Windows, and it calculates the following astronomical events:
1. Islamic prayer times (Fajer, Shuroq, Dhohur, Aser, Maghreb, and Isha).
2. Sun times (Beginning and end of twilight, sunrise, sunset, and Sun transit).
3. Moon times (Moon rise, Moon transit, and Moon set).
4. Moon phases (Geocentric or Topocentric).
5. Crescent visibility for both; new and old crescents.
6. Crescent visibility world map for both; new and old crescents.
7. Calculations for Sun and Moon ephemeris.
8. Qiblah direction (Direction to Ka'bah in Mecca).
9. Qiblah time .
10. Hejric-Gregorian conversion.
11. The prayer call (Athan) launches automatically when it is the time of the prayer.